Laser Genesis, also known as a “Laser Facial” or “Pre-Red Carpet Facial”, is a non-invasive laser procedure that can treat many different skin issues. The treatment takes about 15 to 30 minutes in which you will feel a gentle warming of your skin. The Cutera Genesis utilizes non-invasive laser technology as a Nd: YAG laser. Its versatile wavelength allows Laser Genesis to be quick, safe and effective with no downtime. It is the perfect “lunch-time” procedure to improve:
- Facial Redness
- Lines and Wrinkles
- Enlarged Pores
- Acne Scars
- Skin Texture
- Sun Damage
- Brown Pigmentation
- Scars From Trauma, Surgery, or Burns
Before & After
What areas can Laser Genesis treat?
Laser Genesis can treat anywhere on the face and body. The most popular areas for Laser Genesis is:
- Full Face (i.e. rosacea, redness, fine lines, enlarged pores, acne scars, lips)
- Chest (i.e. redness, brown spots, sun damage, skin laxity, fines lines, wrinkles)
- Back (i.e. brown spots, acne scars)
- Shoulders (i.e. fine lines, sun damage)
- Upper Arms (i.e. Keratosis pilaris – rough bumps on the skin, most commonly on the upper arms)
What should I expect after my Laser Genesis treatment?
There are few if any common side effects of Laser Genesis other than temporary pinkness of the skin (resembling a healthy glow), which typically resolves immediately but can last up to 2 hours. Some patients also mention some mild sensitivity and itchiness right after which will subside.
What is the downtime associated with Laser Genesis?
Laser Genesis a gentle, easy, and virtually minimal discomfort procedure with zero downtime. Although the laser treatment is non-invasive, it is important to communicate with our medical team about any recent activity or changes to your skin such as tanning, topical and oral medications, and injury.
How long do the results of Laser Genesis last?
The longevity of results is varied from person to person with most people having sustained results for at least 6 to 12 months. At the end of your series of Laser Genesis treatments, you will be prescribed a personalized skincare regimen and maintenance program, so that you will enjoy your results for as long as possible. The duration of results is greatly influenced by your lifestyle, sun exposure, diet, and the use of proper skincare products. You can greatly extend the results by observing the following:
- Always protect your skin with an SPF 50 broad-spectrum sunblock (year-round)
- Daily and year around use of the skincare regimen we recommend for you
- Not smoking or drinking excessive alcohol
- Eating a healthy balanced diet
- Regular exercise
- Doing a single booster or maintenance treatment every 6 to 12 months